You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay for your notary course.
You can simply select the "Proceed to PayPal" option on the checkout page and select the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" option.
Here are the steps to become a Notary Public.
- 1. Complete Age and Residency requirements
- 1. Be at least 18 years of age.
- 2. Be a legal resident of California
- 3. Not be convicted of Felony or crimes such as burglary, Fraud, Statutory rape or tax evasion.
- 2. Complete an Approved Education Program
- 1. Take a 6 (six) hour course from an approved Vendor e.g. www.californianotaryprep.com
- 3. Register for the Exam
- 4.Bring the following to the Exam
- 1. Photo Identification- Drivers License or Identification Card issued by the DMV
- 2. A 2" x 2" Color photograph
- 3. Proof of Completion certificate of the six hour course that you complete from www.californianotaryprep.com
- 4. Registration Confirmation Letter
- 5. Fees -Payable by check or money order - Made Payable to the Secretary of State
- 6. The fee is $40.00 for new applicants and $20.00 for those who took the exam previously and failed.
- 5.Submitting Fingerprints via Live Scan
- 1. Applicants must pass the notary exam before submitting fingerprints
- 2. Fingerprints must be submitted electronically through the DOJ's Live Scan Program that takes and transmits fingerprints to the DOJ and FBI.
- 3. Please find the Request for Live Scan Service form.
- 4. Here is a list of Live Scan Locations.
- 5. Please bring the following to the Live Scan Site
- 1. Completed Request for Live Scan Service form.
- 2. Current photo identification - Drivers License or Identification Card issued by the DMV.
- 3. Fingerprinting Processing fee and an additional rolling fee. Applicant can confirm the rolling amount fee by calling the Live Scan site.
- 6. Await Commission Packet - On approval of the application the newly appointed notary applicant will be mailed a
- 1. Cover Letter with instructions
- 2. Filing instructions
- 3. A Notary Commission Certificate
- 4. 2 Notary Public Oath and Certificate of Filing forms
- 5. A certificate of Authorization to manufacture Notary Public Seals
- 6. A list of Authorized Manufacturers of Notary Public Seals.
- 7. Purchase Notary Public Supplies - These include
- 1. Notary Public Bond
- 2. Notary Public Journal
- 8. File for a Notary Oath and Bond - A notary public must file an oath and bond with the county's clerk office where their principal place of business is located. This must be done within 30 calendar days from the commencement date of the commission. This 30 day period cannot be extended.
Yes, an applicant has to be at least 18 years of age and must be a California Resident.
In addition the applicant must not have any prior felonies or convictions.
One can review review the Disciplinary Guidelines for information regarding convictions that can lead to disqualifications.
Upon completion of your course either 3 hour or 6 hour you will be able to instantly download your certificate. No refunds will be issued if your certificate has been generated.
You may register for a Notary Public exam online.
Go to Exam and Test Schedule and review the information for your area.
For assistance, please contact CPS at (916) 263-3520 or via email at email@example.com (available Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm).
Please include the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Daytime Phone Number
- Email Address
- Preferred examination date, time and location
A confirmation letter will be sent via email or postal mail within 1-2 weeks prior to the examination date. You can View Notifications in your online account.
All of the material taught in California Notary Prep is subject to examination. The examination will test your knowledge on the following content areas:
1) Administrative Procedures
2) Notarial Acts/Documentation
3) Identification/Subscribing Witness Notarizations
4) Immigration/Foreign Language and
The California Notary exam is a multiple choice exam with 45 questions with a 70% passing rate.
Applicants will have to answer 33 questions correctly to pass the exam and can appear only once in a calendar month in case they do not pass the exam. We have a quiz of 100 questions that we offer as a course. Aspiring notaries can purchase the course here.
Keep in mind that a scaled score is used for scoring. As the levels of every exam are different and difficulty varies using a scaled score ensures that your scores compares to others who may take another version of the California notary public exam at another time.
A scaled score cannot be perceived as a percent score and cannot be calculated by dividing the number correct by the total number of questions on the examination.
Yes, we offer "california notary exam practice test" and questions.
These test questions will help you prepare for the California notary exam very thoroughly.
You can register for the course here : California Notary Exam Practice Test
A California Notary's commission is valid for 4 years based on the commencement date issued by the Secretary of State.
Your California notary public commission lasts for four years.The steps to renew your commission is the same as a new notary public commission. The only difference is that on completing and passing your notary course ,submitting your notary application to the California SOS and passing the notary public application before your notary commission expires the state allows you to take a 3 hour refresher course rather than the regular 6 hour course.
Once your commission expires then you will have to take the 6 hour course.
Fees that can be charged as a California Notary Public are governed by the Secretary of State. Many notaries charge additional fees to cover costs related to travel, parking and document printing. As per California law there is a maximum limit /cap a Notary can charge.
For an acknowledgement or proof of deed a Notary may charge up to $15 for each signature. For a jurat a notary may charge upto $15 per signature , including a seal.
We help many notaries set up their website for a minimal fee. This helps you to advertise your business and jumpstart your career. You can contact us to find out more.
You will have to send a letter or change of address form via certified mail within 30 days of the address change.
Please see here for the form.
Mail the completed form to the following address:
Secretary of State, Notary Public Section, P.O. Box 942877, Sacramento, CA 94277-0001
Results of the exam are emailed to you if you have indicated/provided an email address on your application. If you haven't provided an email you will receive a postal mail within 20 business days following your examination. Results are not discussed or revealed over the phone. If 25 or more business days have elapsed then you should contact CPS HR Consulting at 916.263.3520 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply six months prior to the expiration date of your commission. If you have a current active commission and have completed an approved 6-hour notary public education course you are eligible to take an approved 3 hour refresher course if you have taken the notary public exam and submitted the application at the exam site prior to the expiration date of your current commission.
Absolutely! As an Amazon Affiliate, we proudly provide a handpicked range of California Notary Supplies to cater to your notarial needs. Our collection includes official notary seal stamps, compliant journals, and more. Explore these top-quality supplies through our website and enhance your notary services today!